Good evening! I am back in Dubuque at Mom's after my week at the University of Notre Dame.
Throughout my week at Notre Dame, I often caught myself thinking about the movie, "Rudy." (especially when I went to the "Macy's of College Bookstores" and saw all the inventory of ND shirts and collectible items!)
"Rudy" is a true story about a young man whose dream was to play on the Notre Dame varsity football team. Rudy encountered many obstacles -- academically, athletically, financially, among others -- but those obstacles and negative people did not stop him. He embraced two words all of us need to embrace more frequently ... DREAM BIG!!!
While I was visiting Notre Dame, I got to see quite a bit of the campus. I tried to imagine myself as Rudy walking across the campus. I especially felt like him when I stood outside of the football stadium!
The two conferences I attended focused on this theme and one other ... DO NOT BE AFRAID!!! When I think about it, many times when I "Dream Big," it doesn't take long before I allow my enemy, fear, to steal my dreams and goals. The first tactic fear uses is negative self talk.
It's amazing how this movie and the theme of both conferences come together for me tonight. That's the beauty of the Holy Spirit ... when one is receptive, amazing and wonderful insights for personal and spiritual growth can occur!
May you become like Rudy! Don't be afraid to live your dreams and goals! If you get a chance, watch this incredible DVD sometime!
"Will you become a CHAMPION today?" is a Notre Dame slogan. How will you respond?
Slan agat (Good bye in Gaelic) --
Kris
P.S. Found this quote on the St. Thomas More Newman Center website. They are located in Eugene, OR.
"Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do." ~ Pope John XXIII
No comments:
Post a Comment