Saturday, June 5, 2010

Welcome to Wherever You Are!

Earlier this week, I was searching for a video on YouTube. It was a song a friend told me about that had great meaning for him that I had never heard.

As I searched for it, I came across Bon Jovi's song/video, "Welcome to Wherever You Are," from their Have a Nice Day CD.

Ironically, the lyrics of this song impacted me immediately. I especially was moved by the chorus:

"Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life, you made it this far
Welcome, you gotta believe
That right here right now, you're exactly where you're supposed to be
Welcome, to wherever you are."


It reminded me that life is a great journey of always moving forward. Many times I take for granted of where I am in the present moment. Either I'm looking over my shoulder at the past -- both in good ways and not-so-good ways -- or traveling into the future and into the land of "what if's?"

I am a firm believer each day is truly a gift. One of my favorite quotes/mottos is, "Yesterday is history -- Tomorrow is a mystery -- Today is a gift because it's the PRESENT!" Thus, Bon Jovi's lyric, "Welcome to wherever you are ... this is your life, you made it this far ..." reflects this quote. I believe each of us are on this journey called life because each of us has a mission and purpose that is uniquely ours and given freely from our Father, the Creator. When He believes our mission is completed, He calls us home to dwell with Him eternally.

The last verse has a great reminder in it; to remember we are created in God's love, image and likeness. In His eyes, none of us are a mistake; each human is a beautiful masterpiece. I need to remember this part of the song on the days I am not feeling good about myself ... and to listen to this song on those days as well!

Overall, I think the good Lord used Jon Bon Jovi as an instrument (no pun intended) to communicate these reminders through this song.

Welcome to Wherever You Are on this great journey called LIFE!

Here's the YouTube link and the lyrics:

"Welcome To Wherever You Are"

Maybe we're different, but we're still the same
We all got the blood of Eden, running through our veins
I know sometimes it's hard for you to see
You come between just who you are and who you wanna be

If you feel alone, and lost and need a friend
Remember every new beginning, is some beginning's end

[Chorus]
Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life, you made it this far
Welcome, you gotta believe
That right here right now, you're exactly where you're supposed to be
Welcome, to wherever you are

When everybody's in, and you're left out
And you feel your drowning, in a shadow of a doubt
Everyone's a miracle in their own way
Just listen to yourself, not what other people say

When it seems you're lost, alone and feeling down
Remember everybody's different
Just take a look around

[Chorus]

Be who you want to, be who you are
Everyone's a hero, everyone's a star

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

[Chorus]


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AaZHeRNgOI&feature=fvsr

1 comment:

Tim Malone said...

Kris! I much enjoy the new format, although you should know that it takes a long time to load. Unfortunately I do not have access to headphones right now and so cannot listen to the song by Bon Jovi, but I hope to a bit later on. Your words are great and extremely encouraging. We are where we are supposed to be. I'll keep praying for you my dear!

Until soon,
Tim