
Until tonight, I didn't realize Josh Groban has two Christmas songs I enjoy very much. The first is Thankful from his Noel CD. The second is his song, Believe, from the Polar Express soundtrack.
The message from Believe reminds me to return to the simplicity of childhood by rekindling a sense of wonder and awe -- not just at Christmas, but throughout the year! The first verse talks about this concept of how we were once dreamers but how we had to surrender our innocence and the magic because of life's terms, not our own.
However, the second verse challenges me to listen to what my heart says and to chase my dreams by having faith and believing they can come true. I'm the only one that holds the wings of my dreams by preventing them to fly free. Why do I do that? I think it is the fact I buy into the counterfeits of the world by accepting the negative force by surrendering my hopes and dreams to this invisible, yet deceptive and magnetic field.
The third verse reminds me life is a JOURNEY ... not a destination! As I arrive at one destination it is the beginning of a new adventure along life's journey. The journey doesn't end until I arrive at the final destination called death. And the journey connects what we believe, as Christians, particularly as Catholics, with the Paschal Mystery. Death and life kiss as I encounter new chapters and experiences in life. I die to one chapter to open a new chapter of my life's story. Each day serves as the pages contained within the current chapter. As the day ends, another page is "turned over" to Christ as He gives me the gift of the next page in my life's story the next day. It's constantly about trusting to let go and let God guide the way ... to believe in the Mystery!
I find this verse has a spiritual dimension. "Trusting starlight to find our way," speaks of the Epiphany story of how the three wise men followed the star which led them to the Savior. When life becomes chaotic and confusing, I need to remember to breathe and look up at the Star shining upon me is Christ's light guiding me out of the muck into the Promised Land.
To me, this song instills the thought "to have Christmas in your heart all year long!" How would life be different if each person on the planet embraced the message of this song throughout the year? I think life would be very magical because people would be more childlike by having a sense of wonder and awe!
My heart challenges me tonight to consider the possibilities of celebrating Christmas every day and not just on December 25 or for a season! By having possibilities means there is hope by making a commitment to this attitude, perhaps it would snowball (no pun intended) and others would have the choice to embrace this idea ... or better yet, this lifestyle!
All I can do is pray ... act ... and BELIEVE!
Here's the link to Believe -- Enjoy!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur9dHCZKQQU
"Believe"
Children sleeping, snow is softly falling
Dreams are calling like bells in the distance
We were dreamers not so long ago
But one by one we all had to grow up
When it seems the magic's slipped away
We find it all again on Christmas day
Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate
Believe in what you feel inside
And give your dreams the wings to fly
You have everything you need
If you just believe
Trains move quickly to their journey's end
Destinations are where we begin again
Ships go sailing far across the sea
Trusting starlight to get where they need to be
When it seems that we have lost our way
We find ourselves again on Christmas day
Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate
Believe in what you feel inside
And give your dreams the wings to fly
You have everything you need
If you just believe [x4]
Just believe
No comments:
Post a Comment